Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday Swatches :: Lipstick Collection & a video!

Today I'm going to do another swatch post, this time with (most of) my lipsticks.

I prefer pink and nude lipsticks, but I have a couple of other ones in there too.










Brands include Lime Crime, Innoxa, Maybelline, Revlon, GOSH, IN2IT, MAC

Starting off with Lime Crime - these lipsticks swatch so well. I want them all. Over the last few years I have collected three of them.

Top: Babette

Middle: Coquette

Bottom: Great Pink Planet

I have reviews of all of these on the blog, click the names above.

But overall these are great, pigmented lipsticks. They can be a little drying, but are definitely my favourites.



I bought these two a couple of years ago, and I haven't actually seen this bran around in a while. The brand is Innoxa.

Left: Baby Doll

Right: Sugar Frosted

These are actually both pretty nice, I'm just not a fan of the texture/formula. The lighter shade is also a bit harder to pull off, you kind of have to mix it with a darker gloss.





Can you even see the one on the left? Nope? Me neither. It's crap. Never use it, might as well put nothing on. These are Maybelline Colorsensational. 

Left: Rose Glimmer

Right: Mango Diamonds

Obviously I don't wear the left one, I don't really wear the one on the right either as it is a bit of an unusual colour, but I think I could use it with neutral makeup/eyes.







Maybelline Color Whisper in Oh La Lilac.

I never use this, I should. The formula is really creamy and the colour is pretty nice. It's got enough colour in it to notice, but it's not so dramatic like the Lime Crime ones.

I think I need to pull this one out a bit more!











This one is a pretty nice formula too. Revlon Colorburst - Creme Brulee.

It's the only colour like this that I have, and I probably don't use it as much as I should.










Left: GOSH Velvet Touch in Sunset. 

It's a pale red/orange colour which is also good with a neutral eyeshadow. It's not to in your face like a dark red lipstick, but enough to emphasis the lips in a look.

Right: IN2IT Moisture Intense Lipstick in Cranberry.

This lives up to it's name, it's very moisturising and not drying at all. It is also a very true cranberry shade. It's like a deep berry colour, and I definitely prefer that over other red shades. This is my go-to bold lipstick.





Left: MAC - Creme d'Nude - the first lipstick (besides lipgloss) that I ever bought. This is my second one, and it was my favourite ever when I bought it the first time. Now, I don't use it too much as it's quite sheer. But it's still really nice if you want to play down your lips.

Right: MAC - Pink Plaid - I actually forgot I had this one. It's a nice bright pink, but isn't too standout like lime Crime. So it is also nice for a more subtle pink.





So my favourites from the above would be Lime Crime Babette, IN2IT Cranberry, MAC Creme d'Nude. The only ones I'm not really a fan of are the Maybelline Coloursensationals, and the Innoxa ones.


Yesterday I uploaded my first ever Youtube video! It's a tutrioal to create a smokey eye look:

I will be uploading more videos. I have filmed one already today, which will be up in the next couple of days - a tutorial on a vibrant Purple eyeshadow look.

I also signed up to Goodiebox a couple of weeks ago, so i will be filming an unboxing of that once it arrives.

Please check it out, and make sure to subscribe:

Smokey Eyeshadow Tutorial

Don't forget to also follow me on instagram - @riverofbeauty




No comments:

Post a Comment