Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

NOTD :: Purple Rain

I've always loved purple, it's definitely one of my favourite colours. Lately I've been into purple nail polish. A while ago I bought Plum Night by Revlon. It's okay, but not as bright as I wanted.

As I mentioned in my blog post this morning, my mum bought me a purple nail polish back from Sydney. It's called 'Purple Rain' by the brand 'Nail It!'

I applied it last night, sorry about the messiness...I'm going to have to sort that out! Mum said she saw something to fix that at the airport yesterday, but didn't buy. Might need to look into it, can you recommend any good products?



It looks darker in the pictures than it is in real life. I only used a top coat, not a base coat, and two coats of the actual polish. It's a nice consistency and quite shiny on it's own. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it looks much more purple and brighter today, than it did when I applied it last night. It didn't take too long to dry.

I prefer this one to Revlon's Plum Night, and it was half the price of Revlon! My only problem is that today it looks quite 'texture' (has scratches etc on the surface) which is a bit annoying.

I like this colour and think I will be using it quite a bit. But I still haven't found my 'perfect purple nail polish'! What is your favourite purple nail polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment